The TechGirls Summer Exchange Program, based in the United States, aims to empower and support young women aged 15-17 from select countries worldwide to pursue higher education and careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields. This program provides hands-on skills development training and an exciting learning experience.
Key Program Details:
Scholarship Type: Fellowships
Application Deadline: December 8, 2023
Value & Duration of Award:
The TechGirls Summer Exchange Program covers various costs, including:
- Visa fee for international participants
- Roundtrip international airfare
- Roundtrip domestic airfare (as applicable)
- Housing during the program
- Meals during the program
- Local transportation to group program events
- Cultural events organized by Legacy International
- Emergency health insurance
Eligible Countries: Students will be recruited from various regions and countries worldwide, with approximately three participants per country/territory.
To be eligible to apply for the TechGirls Summer Exchange Program, you must:
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries/territories and living in that country/territory at the time of the exchange.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange on July 13, 2024 (born between July 13, 2006, and July 13, 2009).
- Demonstrate advanced skills and a serious interest in STEM in your academic studies.
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in STEM, especially technology.
- Have strong English language skills (advanced intermediate English skills).
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness.
- Commit to completing a community-based project upon your return home.
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (U.S. citizens are not eligible for a J-1 visa).
- Be a citizen and current resident of participating countries. Third-country nationals permanently living in an eligible country should contact the organizers to determine eligibility before applying.
Family members of U.S. Embassy or Consulate staff, U.S. Department of State employees, and family members of the administering organization or partner organizations are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply for this scholarship by clicking the “Apply For This Scholarship” link below.
TechGirls Summer Exchange Program participants are selected based on eligibility requirements. Independent selection committees comprising industry leaders and regional experts review applications. For international semi-finalists, U.S. embassy personnel in their host country/territory of permanent residence conduct interviews, while U.S. semi-finalists are interviewed by Legacy International.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to enhance your STEM skills, expand your knowledge, and join a network of young women from around the world. Apply by the December 8, 2023, deadline to be part of the TechGirls Summer Exchange Program!