For international students aspiring to study in Canada, York University’s Glendon Scholarship offers a fantastic opportunity. This scholarship is designed for undergraduate students and seeks to recognize top academic achievers (with 80% or higher or equivalent) who demonstrate leadership qualities through community service or excellence in sports or the arts.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
- Number of Awards: 10
- Value & Duration: Each of the 10 recipients will be granted $10,000 towards their first year in a Glendon program. This award is renewable for the same amount each year for the entire duration of full-time studies, up to a maximum of 4 years. However, renewal is contingent on maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 8.0 over a minimum of 24 credits taken during a school year (including the preceding summer semester, fall, and winter semesters).
To be considered for the York University Glendon Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an international student who requires a permit to study in Canada.
- High school applicants are eligible; no previous college or university experience is allowed.
- You must first apply to study for an undergraduate Glendon program starting in Fall 2022.
- A minimum academic standing of “A” (or its equivalent) average grade is required.
- Applicants must demonstrate community service, artistic or sports achievements, or other individual accomplishments.
- A letter of recommendation from your high school teacher or school counselor is mandatory.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply for this scholarship by clicking on the “Apply For This Scholarship” link on the official scholarship page.
To complete the application process, candidates must be prepared to submit the following documents:
- A letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or school counselor.
- A complete application form, including a 300-word statement that demonstrates the applicant’s leadership attributes and the contribution they intend to make to Glendon.
This scholarship is an excellent opportunity for international students to receive financial support and recognition for their academic and leadership achievements while pursuing an undergraduate education at York University in Canada.