Amazon’s mission to prioritize workplace health and safety takes center stage, with the focus on providing tools and resources that promote safe, efficient, and healthy behaviors among employees. In line with this commitment, Amazon is actively recruiting a full-time Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Specialist (WHSS) to become the designated representative for their assigned building. This role entails coordinating and implementing all aspects of the Amazon Global Program as directed by leadership, fostering a positive culture, and maintaining a safe work environment.
The WHSS’s responsibilities include conducting training and coaching for associates to improve work habits, maintaining and reporting daily, weekly, and monthly metrics to management and corporate reporting systems, ensuring compliance with corporate program expectations and relevant federal and state laws, performing risk assessments related to job tasks and introducing new equipment, and recommending risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomics. This role also requires a willingness to work flexible shifts based on availability.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of experience in an environmental Health & Safety (EHS) related field OR a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant EHS background OR six months of experience in a safety-related role within Amazon
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel for professional purposes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and personnel issues in the workplace
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a safety-related field
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills
- Experience in leading and managing a team, analyzing accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns, and conducting job hazard and job safety analyses
- Proficiency in emergency response and holding First Aid and CPR certificates
- Experience in workers’ compensation case management
Amazon is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer, not discriminating on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations, please visit Amazon’s disability accommodation page.