- Date: October 25, 2023
- Location: Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The Department of Political Science at Louisiana State University (LSU) is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Professor in American Judicial Politics/Public Law. The position will begin in the fall of 2024. This is a full-time, tenure-track position with a 2-2 teaching load.
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses, maintaining an active research agenda with regular publications, and participating in departmental, college, and university service activities commensurate with their rank.
- Teach graduate or undergraduate courses and hold regular office hours (50%).
- Maintain an active research agenda with regular publications (50%).
- Ph.D. in Political Science or a related or equivalent field.
- Background Check: An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
- Benefits: LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents.
- Remote Work: Positions approved to work remotely outside the State of Louisiana shall be employed through Louisiana State University’s partner, nextSource Workforce Solutions.
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. LSU actively seeks and encourages qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
How to Apply:
Application materials should include a letter of application stating the candidate’s research and teaching interests, a curriculum vitae, a writing sample, a research statement, a teaching statement, any teaching materials (e.g., course evaluations and syllabi), and a diversity statement addressing the commitment to inclusivity and support for diverse populations in their past efforts and plans for future inclusiveness in teaching and research. Additionally, three current letters of recommendation should be sent directly to Robert Hogan, Chair, Department of Political Science, 240 Stubbs, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803-5433, or by email to email@example.com. The review of applications will begin on November 20.
For questions or concerns regarding the status of your application or salary ranges, please contact Robert Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org.