Boston University (BU) is extending a warm welcome to approximately 20 exceptional students through its Trustee Scholars Program in 2024. These Trustee Scholars are not just academically accomplished; they are intellectually curious, creative, and bring diverse perspectives, experiences, and achievements to the table.
The Trustee Scholars Program at BU is a prestigious opportunity that covers full undergraduate tuition and mandatory student fees. These scholarships are renewable for four years provided certain criteria are met.
- Type: Undergraduate
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
- Number of Awards: 20
- Value of Award: $25,000
- Rank in the top 5% of their high school class.
- Exhibit remarkable extracurricular achievements in their schools and communities.
- Although test scores are not required, students who submit scores typically have SAT scores above 1500 and ACT scores above 33.
How to Apply:
To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
- Submit the Common Application and all required materials for admission to one of BU’s undergraduate degree programs by December 1.
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common Application as part of your application to BU.
The Trustee Scholarship Essay:
Applicants should choose from one of the two prompts provided below and submit one essay, with a word limit of 600 words or less, as part of their application through the Common Application.
- Prompt 1: Nobel laureate and BU professor Elie Wiesel once said: “There is divine beauty in learning… To learn means to accept the postulate that life did not begin at my birth. Others have been here before me, and I walk in their footsteps. The books I have read were composed by generations of fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, teachers and disciples. I am the sum total of their experiences, their quests.” Is there a book, film, podcast, or life experience that has made you feel more connected to your personal history/identity, and what is the most important thing you learned from it?
- Prompt 2: Describe a time when you felt out of your comfort zone or marginalized in a situation. How did you respond to that moment, and how has it informed your actions moving forward?
BU’s Trustee Scholarship program is an opportunity for bright minds to thrive academically and contribute their unique perspectives to a vibrant campus community.