If you’re a compassionate and dedicated Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) looking for an opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of individuals with complex physical and intellectual challenges, Verland has an exciting offer for you. We are on a mission to provide exceptional care, enriching environments, and stable support, allowing every individual to thrive with dignity and respect. Our vision is to lead the way in transformative care, empowering individuals to live a life of dignity and contribute to society to the fullest. If this resonates with you, read on to explore the rewarding opportunities at our Sewickley Main Campus.
- Hourly Wage: $20.50
- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
- 3 Day Work Week (3) 12-hour shifts
At Verland, we believe in supporting those who need it most, and our CNAs are at the forefront of this mission. As a Certified Nursing Assistant, you’ll have the chance to support the clinical team in various ways, including obtaining vital signs, G-tube monitoring, positioning, glucometer reading, and more. Your role is pivotal in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our residents while also encouraging skill development through active treatment activities.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant/Team Lead, your duties will include:
- Supporting the Clinical Team: You will play a crucial role in supporting the clinical team by assisting with vital signs, G-tube monitoring, positioning, glucometer reading, bladder scans, and collecting urine and stool samples.
- Fostering Teamwork and Collaboration: Support new hires and Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to foster teamwork and collaboration in delivering care.
- Enriching Residents’ Lives: Your role includes enriching and supporting the lives of our residents while maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- Skill Development: Encourage skill development through active treatment activities, implementing individualized programs, and recording observations and daily progress notes.
- Planning Activities: Participate in planning social, home, and recreational activities for our residents.
- 3 Day Work Week: Enjoy a flexible work schedule with three 12-hour shifts, either AM or PM, from 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM.
- Assisting with Daily Activities: Assist with meals and perform cleaning and laundry duties in the house. You’ll also transport clients to appointments and activities using Verland vehicles.
- Personal Care: Help clients with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene.
- Housekeeping: Contribute to housekeeping duties as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities: Be prepared for other duties as assigned.
Verland values its employees and offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus: A great incentive to join our team and make a positive impact from day one.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurances: We offer health insurance through UPMC, dental coverage through Delta Dental, and vision insurance to ensure your well-being.
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA): Manage your health expenses efficiently.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account: We support your dependent care needs.
- 403B – Traditional and Roth with Company Match: Plan for your future with our retirement savings options.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Verland believes in continuous learning and supports your educational goals.
- Competitive PTO Plan: Enjoy paid time off to relax and rejuvenate.
- 8 Paid Holidays: Celebrate important occasions with your loved ones.
To excel in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED: We require a minimum educational qualification for this position.
- Active PA Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) License: You should hold an active CNA license, having successfully completed a state-approved Nurse’s Aide Training Program and Competency Evaluation.
- Clinical Experience: A minimum of 6 months of clinical experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License: A valid driver’s license is required.
- Reliable Transportation: You should have reliable means of transportation to fulfill your duties.
- Physical Abilities: The role may require physical tasks, including lifting up to 50lbs and transfers without restrictions.
- Background and Drug Screening: You’ll need to pass a complete background check and drug screening.
Verland understands the importance of equipping its employees with the necessary skills. We provide up to two weeks of paid training to educate new hires on daily living skills, social engagement, personal hygiene, and each individual’s support plan and personal development goals. Completion of this training is required at the start of your employment.
In summary, if you are a dedicated CNA seeking a fulfilling career where you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals with complex needs, Verland is your ideal destination. With a generous $2,000 Sign-on Bonus and a commitment to providing compassionate care, you can embark on a rewarding journey with us.