Job Location: Herndon, VA, US
Beacon is on the lookout for a Lead Digital Analytics Implementation Engineer. This role entails technical implementation and oversight of digital analytics and tag management platforms. The individual in this position will assist the Digital Analysts, Marketing, and Product Management teams with their A/B testing, tag management, and on-site tagging requirements. Reporting directly to the Vice President of IT, this role is pivotal in ensuring seamless and data-driven digital operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in managing our digital analytics, tag management, and A/B testing platforms, including platforms like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Quantum Metrics.
- Collaborate closely with the digital analytics team to establish best practices for capturing digital customer interactions across Beacon’s digital applications, identify the right tags/events to trigger, and implement them using the tag management platform.
- Work in partnership with the web development team to review tags/scripts intended for deployment via the tag management platform.
- Collaborate with the technical leadership team to periodically review the data layer and make recommendations or assist in making modifications.
- Follow and adapt, as required, quality assurance processes for tag deployment in a production environment.
- Assist the Digital Marketing and User Experience (UX) team with the technical implementation and launch of their A/B testing campaigns.
- Manage the technical relationship with A/B testing, digital analytics, and tag management Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, focusing on building capabilities that aid in customer journey mapping and conversion funnel analysis.
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing platforms like Monetate, Optimizely, and Google Optimize.
- Profound knowledge of session replay platforms like Tealeaf, FullStory, or Quantum Metric.
- Familiarity with data connectors and the ability to create dashboards using Google Data Studio or similar platforms.
- A data-centric mindset with the capability to define and connect tags/guid to map the customer journey across different platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business acumen and procedures.
- Minimal travel requirements as needed for business purposes.
- Work assignments may be completed remotely and/or at available company offices/branches within respective markets.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and/or keyboard.
- Heavy use of verbal and auditory communication via phone, virtual calls, and/or email.
If you’re passionate about data-driven digital operations and looking for a challenging role, this could be your opportunity to shine. Beacon is ready to welcome a Lead Digital Analytics Implementation Engineer who can make a real impact.