Are you a compassionate individual looking to make a meaningful impact in the lives of those with complex physical and intellectual challenges? Verland is on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team as Direct Support Professionals in the Natrona Heights Area, specifically at our Other Related Conditions Facility- ICF (ORC). The residents at this facility have complex physical conditions, and we are dedicated to providing them with a safe, enriching, and stable environment, where they can thrive with dignity and respect.
- Starting Wage: $18.00 per hour
At Verland, we firmly believe in our mission – “We believe that every person deserves a safe, enriching, and stable environment in which to thrive with dignity and respect.” Our vision is straightforward yet powerful: “To lead the way in transformative care, for those with complex needs, allowing all individuals the power to live a life of dignity and contribute to our society to the full extent of their abilities.”
As a Direct Support Professional, your responsibilities will revolve around enhancing the lives of our residents while maintaining a safe and healthy environment. This involves:
- Skill Development: Encourage and introduce skill development through active treatment activities.
- Individualized Care: Implement individualized programs, ensuring you record all observations and daily progress notes.
- Social and Recreational Activities: Play a pivotal role in planning social, home, and recreational activities for our residents.
- Daily Support: Assist with meals, perform cleaning and laundry duties in the house, and provide transportation to appointments and activities using Verland vehicles.
- Personal Care: Help clients with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene.
- Housekeeping: Contribute to housekeeping duties as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities: Be prepared for other duties as assigned.
To excel in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED: We require a minimum educational qualification for this position.
- Valid Driver’s License: A valid driver’s license is required.
- Reliable Transportation: You should have reliable means of transportation to fulfill your duties.
- Physical Abilities: The role may require physical tasks, including lifting and transferring without restrictions.
- Background and Drug Screening: You’ll need to pass a complete background check and drug screening.
- Experience: Experience is not required! We welcome individuals who are passionate about providing compassionate care.
Verland values its employees and offers a comprehensive benefits package to ensure your well-being and job satisfaction. Some of the benefits you can expect to enjoy as a part of our team include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurances: We offer health insurance through UPMC, dental coverage through Delta Dental, and vision insurance to ensure your well-being.
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA): Manage your health expenses efficiently.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account: We support your dependent care needs.
- 403B – Traditional and Roth with Company Match: Plan for your future with our retirement savings options.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Verland believes in continuous learning and supports your educational goals.
- Competitive PTO Plan: Enjoy paid time off to relax and rejuvenate.
- 8 Paid Holidays: Celebrate important occasions with your loved ones.
- Additional Incentive: Up to an extra $2,080 a year in lieu of Health Insurance coverage.
Verland understands the importance of equipping its employees with the necessary skills. We provide up to two weeks of paid training to educate new hires on daily living skills, social engagement, personal hygiene skills, and each individual’s support plan and personal development goals. Completion of this training is required at the start of your employment.
In conclusion, if you have a compassionate heart and a desire to contribute positively to the lives of individuals with complex needs, Verland offers a fulfilling career opportunity. As a Direct Support Professional, you’ll play a crucial role in providing compassionate care and support to those who need it most.