Location: VA Pacific Island Health Care System, Hawaii
The primary purpose of this position is to interview patients and complete basic health screening. Responsibilities include collecting patient data, vital signs, pain level, weight, height, and observing the overall condition. The health technician recognizes the need for and assists with emergency measures, including CPR, and takes appropriate action in response to patient emergency situations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform clinical duties, including taking vital signs, documenting the reason for the visit, performing and transmitting EKGs, providing patient teaching, conducting simple dressing changes, and completing clinical reminders.
- Clean and stock rooms between patients.
- Answer telephone calls to the clinic, sort and deliver facsimile correspondence, and manage clinic schedules.
- Notify AMSA (Advanced Medical Support Assistant) of the need to reappoint, cancel, and/or reschedule appointments as needed.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 07:30 am – 04:00 pm
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
IOR (Individual Occupational Requirement):
- Candidates must have experience that requires the application of knowledge, methods, and techniques of the position to be filled.
- OR candidates must have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree, with major study or at least 24 semester hours in subjects directly related to the position.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-4. Examples of specialized experience include performing medical and diagnostic examinations, measuring and monitoring vital signs, and providing general clerical/administrative support coordination.
OR, Education: Four years of education above high school leading to a bachelor’s degree with courses related to the occupation.
OR, Combination: Applicants may combine education and experience to qualify.
Physical Requirements: The work includes long periods of walking, bending, standing, sitting, pushing and/or pulling, and positioning patients. The work may involve assisting in lifting and supporting veterans and the ability to carry up to 20 pounds.
Veterans’ Preference: Since the Direct-Hire Recruitment Authority is being used, traditional Veterans’ Preference rules do not apply. Qualified veterans will, however, be given full consideration for this position.
How to Apply
All applicants are encouraged to apply online through USAJOBS. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date.
For more details, visit the official job posting.
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation are submitted before the closing date.