Location: London, UK
Meta is currently looking for a Product Policy Manager to join the Messaging Product Policy team, focusing on supporting WhatsApp’s product development and integrity efforts. The role involves working with an encrypted private messaging service, addressing safety and compliance issues, scaled enforcement, and ensuring product launch readiness. As a Product Policy Manager, you will collaborate with various teams, including WhatsApp Product, Trust and Safety, Engineering, Legal, Public Policy, Communications, and more, to identify risks, propose mitigations, and advance the interests of WhatsApp’s global user base.
Product Policy Manager (WhatsApp) Responsibilities:
- Product Launch Review: Review product launches, collaborate with subject matter experts, and identify/address policy risks and possible mitigations.
- Policy Articulation: Clearly articulate policy principles, risks, and developments to engineering teams, product management, and other internal stakeholders.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Build cross-functional relationships across product, communications, operations, and legal teams.
- Policy Development: Identify new policy development needs, write policies, and collaborate with Product and Operations teams to build and refine enforcement flows as needed for features and products.
- Escalation Management: Act as an escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues.
- Work Experience: 5+ years of work experience in policy, enforcement, or operations, with a focus on technology.
- Product Lifecycle Knowledge: Experience with the product development lifecycle and working with product or technical teams.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Experience working cross-functionally and consensus-building, including managing multi-stakeholder projects.
- Content Issues: Experience in internet/social media content issues.
- Analytical Skills: Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Advanced Degree: Advanced Degree, Law Degree, or Project Management Degree.
- Online Product Experience: Experience working on or with online products, including messaging platforms.
- Tech Company Experience: Experience working at a Tech Company.
- Incident Response: Experience managing incident response or escalations.
Meta builds technologies that facilitate connections, community building, and business growth. Since Facebook’s launch in 2004, Meta has been transforming the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp have empowered billions globally. Now, Meta is pushing beyond 2D screens into immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality, shaping the next evolution in social technology. Individuals building their careers with Meta contribute to a future beyond the limits of today’s digital connection.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (accommodations) in recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, neurodivergence, or those requiring pregnancy-related support. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, excluding bonus, equity, or sales incentives. Additionally, Meta offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about benefits at Meta.