Verland has an exciting opportunity for you. We’re searching for exceptional individuals to join our team as Records Quality Analysts at our Sewickley campus. At Verland, we believe in the importance of offering a safe, enriching, and stable environment for individuals with complex physical and intellectual challenges, and your role as a Records Quality Analyst is instrumental in achieving this mission.
- Job Type: Full-time
As a Records Quality Analyst, you will work under the supervision of the Records Manager to maintain organized, accurate, and complete resident records. You’ll be responsible for interacting with all departments as needed to manage the availability, filing, security, release, and retrieval of resident information. This role also includes conducting periodic chart audits to ensure compliance with county, state, and federal regulatory bodies. It’s important to note that this is a salaried and exempt position.
Your role as a Records Quality Analyst includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Census and Demographics: Maintain current and up-to-date information on the census and demographics of Verland residents.
- Record Management: Manage resident charts and gather information and documents to ensure the medical records are organized, accurate, complete, and easily accessible on-demand.
- Data Management: Actively participate in conceptualizing, organizing, and managing data collection spreadsheets. Proficiency in Excel Formulas is required to automate and error-proof data collection.
- Reports: Generate reports from Electronic Health Records and other electronic mediums to support data collection and trending.
- Compliance: Maintain current knowledge of Federal, State, and County ICF Regulations, and use this regulatory information to identify and coordinate changes as necessary to assure compliance.
- Survey Support: Provide information for facility surveys in a timely and accurate manner and assist in Licensure and Certification activities as directed.
- Data Collection: Responsible for data collection, data entry, maintaining data trends, and coordinating quality and compliance activities across Verland sites.
- Digital Records: Create digital copies of paperwork and store records electronically, filing with a disciplined and organized approach.
- HIPAA Compliance: Safeguard resident records in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Admissions and Discharges: Process records for admitting and discharging patients.
- Chart Audits: Conduct monthly chart audits in compliance with regulatory requirements and maintain Excel spreadsheets for quarterly Quality Management reporting.
- Monitor EMR: Keep an eye on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for missed observations and alert departments of trends.
- Training: Support training to build capacity in meeting compliance standards and emerging needs.
- Survey Rollout: Assist in DOH, ODP surveys as needed to compile requested information and in survey roll-out, data entry, and filing of hard copies of returned surveys on Annual Resident & Family Satisfaction Surveys.
- Forms and Consents: Maintain an inventory of current forms, control Form Numbering protocol, and support organized filing protocol of all agency-wide forms.
- Utilization Review: Assist in six-monthly Utilization Review information compilation as necessary.
- Digital Records: Prepare, scan, and retrieve resident information into and from the Laserfiche/Fortis System.
- Policy Development: Assist in revising and creating policies.
- Clerical Tasks: Perform clerical tasks such as entering data into the computer system, software or Microsoft Office software, and answering phones.
- Additional Responsibilities: Be prepared to undertake other duties as assigned.
Verland values its employees and offers a comprehensive benefits package to ensure your well-being and job satisfaction. Some of the benefits you can expect to enjoy as a part of our team include:
- Cash Incentives:
- $1,000 Employee Referral (for successfully referring someone to employment)
- Shift Differential (based on the working shift)
- Up to an extra $2,080 a year in lieu of Health Insurance coverage (see benefits below)
- Minimum of 24 hours worked and employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health (UPMC), Dental (Delta Dental) and Vision Insurances
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403B – Traditional and Roth with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in Data Entry
- Excellent Organizational Skills: This includes time management and prioritizing skills.
- Attention to Detail: Ensuring accuracy is essential.
- Understanding of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge and Skill in the Use of Scanner and Fax
- HIPAA Compliance Knowledge and Experience
- Communication Skills: Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff in a positive manner via written, telephone, and email methods.
- Basic Computer Skills: Ability to scan, organize, and access electronic health records.
- Project Management: Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Independence: Ability to work independently.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Minimum Experience and Training
- Two years’ experience in a health care records department preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience using EMR as well as data entry software.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an information technology or records specialist with at least 2 years working on records and/or data management systems.
The position requires sitting, standing, walking, driving, pushing, pulling, climbing, and twisting. The ability to lift and/or carry at least 25 lbs. independently, bend and reach is needed. Manual dexterity is required. The ability to see, hear, speak, read, and write is necessary.
In conclusion, if you’re a detail-oriented, organized individual with a commitment to maintaining the highest standards in records management, and if you’re passionate about providing compassionate care, we invite you to join our team as a Records Quality Analyst at Verland. Your contribution is invaluable in ensuring that individuals with complex physical and intellectual challenges receive the care and support they deserve.