A dynamic opportunity awaits individuals who excel in customer service and communication. This position offers remote customer service support in a call center environment, responding to inquiries from policyholders, beneficiaries, providers, agents, and others regarding insurance policies. Read on to learn more about this role:
This role is all about providing customer service within a call center setting. You will primarily be receiving and responding to telephone inquiries related to insurance policies. The inquiries can come from policyholders, beneficiaries, providers, agents, and others. Your responsibilities include:
This job does not involve any supervisory responsibilities.
- Respond to telephone inquiries from CHCS third-party administrator clients, including Medicare Supplement and Life Policies.
- Accurately provide information on various insurance queries (e.g., benefits verification, claims status) by accessing and updating data within the company’s software system, adhering to company response standards.
- Provide service and follow-up on insurance questions by researching company records, conducting routine transactions, and retrieving results from an online terminal.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all company products and services.
- Comply with company regulations concerning privacy, confidentiality, and private health information.
- Communicate in writing and orally with policyholders, agents, providers, and others regarding inquiry status and resolution.
- Initiate and complete Call Tracks, checklists, and other supportive clerical responsibilities as necessary.
- Have the ability and flexibility to work various shifts as required.
- Typing speed of 30 words per minute with a 95% accuracy rate.
To succeed in this role, you need to have the following skills and abilities:
- Accurate data entry in a Windows-based environment.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Basic math, English spelling, and grammar skills.
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- The ability to write simple correspondence.
- Effective presentation of information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Proficiency in customer service, integrity/honesty, oral communication, motivation, and organizational/planning/organizing.
- Competency in basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- The ability to compute rates, ratios, percentages, and interpret bar graphs.
- Application of common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and address problems in standardized situations.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Six months of related call center experience and/or training.
The physical demands for this position include:
- Regular sitting.
- Frequent use of hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reaching with hands and arms.
- Occasional walking and talking or hearing.
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities, including close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Code: 1000014
This remote opportunity offers flexibility and a chance to provide outstanding customer service from the comfort of your own space. Apply today to embark on a rewarding career journey.