Location: Remote, UK | London, UK
Meta’s security team plays a central role in driving data and systems security across Facebook and its family of apps. The Security Engineer role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, with a focus on security policy, risk, and access management disciplines. The successful candidate will identify and enforce solutions to control access to internal systems, requiring a deep conceptual understanding of IAM concepts.
Security Engineer, Identity and Access Management (IAM) Responsibilities:
- System Enhancement: Design and implement systems to enhance the security of Meta’s Identity & Access Management Systems.
- Tool Development: Build and maintain tools that improve the Identity and Access Management posture at Meta.
- Code Reviews: Conduct design and code reviews, analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability for the assigned product area and/or systems.
- Collaboration: Interface with other teams to incorporate innovations and articulate security findings to a variety of stakeholders.
- Recommendations: Provide defensible recommendations on technical, physical, and administrative control implementations based on findings, considering cost versus benefits.
- Corrective Actions: Participate in the development and oversight of corrective actions relating to security issues.
- Process Improvement: Recommend process improvement and strategic initiatives related to security.
- Experience in writing custom scripts in Python/C++, and PHP/Hack.
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience in assessing security deficiencies in first-party/internal information systems and recommending mitigating controls.
- 5+ years of proven experience working on Information Security teams or conducting Information Security consulting engagements.
- Knowledge of evaluating systems architectural designs, data-flow diagrams, and technical security implementations, particularly in the context of access management in different geographical locations.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, interpersonal skills, and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Program and project management skills.
- Experience in the IAM domain in a cloud-based infrastructure environment.
- Understanding of SOX, SOC2, NIST, PCI, ISO, and other security regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a basic understanding of data analysis techniques.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. Since Facebook’s launch in 2004, Meta has been changing the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp have empowered billions worldwide. Meta is now moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to shape the next evolution in social technology. Individuals choosing to build their careers with Meta contribute to a future beyond what digital connection makes possible today.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, neurodivergence, or those requiring pregnancy-related support. For assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Note: Compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, excluding bonus, equity, or sales incentives. Additionally, Meta offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about benefits at Meta.