Location: Not specified (Remote possible)
Meta Security is actively seeking a skilled Security Engineer with expertise in identifying, containing, and mitigating security incidents. The ideal candidate will also have experience working closely with audit and compliance teams. In this role, you will take a lead in discussions and serve as a representative for the XDR (Extended Detection and Response) team as part of the first line of defense with audit and regulatory consumers. Your responsibilities will include building awareness and expertise in the people, processes, and technological solutions implemented by Meta to safeguard user data and the company from potential threats.
Security Engineer, Incident Management & Regulatory Compliance Responsibilities:
- Lead Compliance Evidencing: Take charge of compliance evidencing and scoping for detection and response in a cross-functional environment.
- Auditor and Regulator Interaction: Represent the Detection and Response pillars in discussions with auditors and regulators, sharing technical and policy/governance expertise.
- Continuous Monitoring: Design, establish, and maintain continuous monitoring of key controls and evidence on behalf of the XDR team.
- Collaboration with Detection and Response Teams: Work closely with Detection Engineering and Response teams, developing and representing a deep understanding of the people, processes, and technologies in place for securing user data and platforms.
- Incident Analysis and Mitigation: Perform root cause analysis for security incidents and drive the implementation of containment and mitigation strategies.
- 7+ years of experience in Security Incident Response and Detection & Response Engineering.
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory frameworks such as GDPR, EEPC, or PCI.
- Knowledge of operating systems, file systems, and memory structures on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Experience investigating and responding to both external and insider threats.
- Coding/scripting experience in one or more general-purpose languages.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Security.
- Experience as a Lead Security Incident Responder and Investigator in a large and regulated organization.
- 2+ years of experience working with audit/regulatory frameworks as a Security subject matter expert.
- Broad knowledge across the Security domain, with a deep focus in one or more areas such as Logs and events processing, Incident Management, Digital Forensics, Detection and/or response tool development.
Meta builds technologies that facilitate connections, community building, and business growth. Since Facebook’s inception in 2004, Meta has been transforming the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp have empowered billions globally. Now, Meta is pushing beyond 2D screens into immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality, shaping the next evolution in social technology. Individuals building their careers with Meta contribute to a future beyond the limits of today’s digital connection.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (accommodations) in recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, neurodivergence, or those requiring pregnancy-related support. For assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Note: Compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, excluding bonus, equity, or sales incentives. Additionally, Meta offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about benefits at Meta.