Location: Remote, US
Meta’s Oculus Studios is expanding the Central Technology team (OSCT), focusing on efforts for the First Party Game Studios, including Armature Studios, Beat Games, BigBox VR, Camouflaj, Downpour Interactive, Ready At Dawn Studios, Sanzaru Games, Twisted Pixel, and Supernatural. OSCT collaborates to leverage Meta’s infrastructure, aiding studios in making video games efficiently.
Senior Software Engineer – Oculus Studios Central Technology Responsibilities:
- Infrastructure Approach: Define and establish Meta’s infrastructure approach for game studios, working across a multi-year effort.
- Common Needs Identification: Collaborate with first-party game studios to identify common needs, collect requirements, and propose solutions. Build shipping features as part of a 1st Party product and launch them to consumers.
- Custom Solutions: Build custom solutions aligning with the Metaverse (e.g., Avatars, Common Identity, Integrity) and deliver them by launching games utilizing those features.
- Game Engine Familiarity: Become familiar with multiple game engines like Unity, Unreal, and proprietary engines.
- 3rd Party Technologies: Gain familiarity with 3rd Party Game technologies (e.g., AWS GameLift, Unity Vivox).
- Hosting Environments: Understand alternate hosting environments (cloud/corporate/lab) and determine where and how they should be used.
- Onboarding and Collaboration: Assist in onboarding new game studio engineers to Meta infrastructure and internal tools. Collaborate with other Meta teams to migrate game studio services, emphasizing reliability, scalability, and security.
- Support and Optimization: Support game studios during break/fix scenarios and be part of the escalation path. Assist game studios in building, scaling, and optimizing new features for existing/future titles.
- Experience in learning new approaches, coding languages, and Meta-specific solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in developing backend services for games and/or enterprise (large scale distributed environments).
- Experience with C/C++ or C.
- Broad knowledge of games and game development and/or enterprise-scale infrastructure.
- Experience with Python and/or PowerShell.
- Experience collaborating with team members across multiple disciplines.
- Experience with General Frameworks: GraphQL, Graph API, Ent Framework.
- Shipped AAA titles or large enterprise solutions.
- Experience working in major game engines (i.e., Unreal, Unity).
- Experience as a Full-Stack developer in a large scale distributed environment.
- Experience with backend security, privacy, scalability, and persistence storage design.
- Experience building supportable solutions with proactive alerting, monitoring, and product metrics.
- Experience with major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Experience working with distributed computing platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Meta builds technologies that facilitate connections, community building, and business growth. Since Facebook’s inception in 2004, Meta has been transforming the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp have empowered billions globally. Now, Meta is pushing beyond 2D screens into immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality, shaping the next evolution in social technology. Individuals building their careers with Meta contribute to a future beyond the limits of today’s digital connection.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (accommodations) in recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, neurodivergence, or those requiring pregnancy-related support. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, excluding bonus, equity, or sales incentives. Additionally, Meta offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about benefits at Meta.