Location: Dublin, Ireland
Meta is actively seeking an Accountant to join its International Statutory Controllership team in Dublin. The ideal candidate should be a driven, high-energy individual capable of collaborating effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. We are looking for someone who thinks differently and can provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of INFRA Statutory Compliance, you will work closely with various cross-functional teams and external stakeholders. The role requires a strong accounting background and experience in leading complex processes and projects involving multiple teams.
Statutory Accountant Responsibilities:
- Technical Accounting Operations: Responsible for the consistent implementation of IFRS and other accounting standards outside of North America, working closely with the technical accounting team.
- Collaboration with Tax and Finance Teams: Collaborate with tax and other finance functions to support the preparation and review of accounting positions, policies, and financial statements.
- Technical Accounting Memos: Prepare/review technical accounting memos for significant transactions in collaboration with the technical accounting team.
- Statutory Financial Statements: Prepare/review statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS or local GAAP.
- Financial Reporting Systems/Tools/Processes: Support the Record to Report team in the design, testing, and rollout of financial reporting systems, tools, and processes.
- Audit Support: Fulfill internal and external audit requests.
- Recognized accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
- 5+ years of experience, with 2 years in an industry role post qualification.
- Able to operate with a high degree of autonomy.
- Experience implementing and improving business processes and systems.
- Highly collaborative temperament, excellent communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while navigating many unknown challenges and changes.
- Self-starter with superb attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the “big picture.”
- Large audit firm experience.
- Related fixed assets/telecoms industry experience.
- Experience in developing and scaling a process and managing multiple projects.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. Since Facebook’s launch in 2004, Meta has been changing the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp have empowered billions around the world. Meta is now moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to shape the next evolution in social technology. Individuals choosing to build their careers with Meta contribute to a future beyond what digital connection makes possible today.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, neurodivergence, or those requiring pregnancy-related support. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, excluding bonus, equity, or sales incentives. Additionally, Meta offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about benefits at Meta.