- Location: Salem, OHA, Summer Street (Fully Remote)
- Job ID: REQ-123090
- Initial Posting Date: 10/20/2023
- Application Deadline: 11/20/2023
- Salary Range: $5,885 – $8,894
The Oregon Health Authority is offering an exciting opportunity for a Systems Analyst (Information Systems Specialist 7) to join their team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote, offering you the flexibility to work from anywhere in the United States.
- Provide requirements documentation, systems analysis, design, and development support.
- Focus on the design, development, and implementation of various applications.
- Assist with requirements gathering and analysis, feasibility analysis, and business database access software development.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Internet sites and applications.
- Prepare IT reports and provide project coordination.
- Play a technical leadership role on key computer applications in various program areas.
- Implement coding and testing practices within the team.
- (a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Applications
- (b) An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND four (4) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Applications
- (c) A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Applications
- (d) Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
- Knowledge of mainframe applications and processes.
- Experience using web services and object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Strong knowledge of relational database techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Senior-level expertise in the usage of PCs.
- Knowledge of mainframe environments using COBOL and structured programming techniques.
- Web service experience is desirable.
- Ability to use DB2 at an application analyst level for efficiency.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation and sick leave
- Pension and retirement programs
- Potential loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Growth and development opportunities
- Opportunities to serve your community
- Healthy work/life balance, including full-time remote work options
This position involves working in a general office environment and may require weekend and evening work to meet deadlines. Long hours with night and weekend work, as well as occasional travel, may be necessary.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application.
- Complete the questionnaire.
- Attach a resume.
- Attach a cover letter addressing the required and preferred skills.
Application Deadline: 11/20/2023
For questions or assistance, you can contact Kyle Phillips:
- Voice: [503-509-3589]
- Email: Kyle.Phillips@dhsoha.state.or.us
The Oregon Health Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. They do not discriminate based on various factors and provide equal employment opportunities. If you are a veteran, you may be eligible for veterans’ preference.
Please review the job posting for additional details, and ensure you provide a thorough and updated application as it pertains to the position for which you are applying.