- Salary: Depends on Qualifications
- Location: Anderson County, SC
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Number: 157075
- Agency: Tri-County Technical College
- Opening Date: October 18, 2023
- Closing Date: November 2, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern
- Class Code: AM09
- Slot Number: 0000
- Position Number: 136306
- Normal Work Schedule: Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Weekend and evening hours may be required during peak seasons.
- Pay Band: Band 6
- Hiring Range – Min: $45,530.00
- Hiring Range – Max: $64,885.00
- EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Finalists are subject to a criminal background and reference screening process. Candidates should upload a resume and cover letter to their online application.
Veteran Preference Statement: South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Job Responsibilities: Tri-County Technical College is inviting applications for the role of Systems Programmer/Developer II. Reporting to the Director of Applications Delivery and Business Intelligence (ADBI) team, the Systems Programmer/Developer II will be responsible for programming support for the college’s enterprise systems and third-party applications and integrations, as well as process and data improvements. This role involves working with various systems, including Banner ERP, Salesforce, Argos, Perceptive Content, SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Java Script, and various API data transport protocols.
Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Developing or modifying technical programs and reports to address client needs.
- Working with functional experts to create test plans and collaborate with end users to fully test software, enhancements, and reports.
- Implementing solutions into production while adhering to all change management procedures and guidelines.
- Ensuring security and data integrity best practices are implemented.
- Diagnosing production issues and maintaining purchased systems, College reports, ETL processes, and client data.
- Providing cross-functional and after-hours support as needed.
- Collecting client requirements and defining specifications for new applications, enhancements, and system reports.
- Ensuring all requests are documented and managed in the ticketing system, in accordance with current service standards and service level agreements.
- Participating in professional development activities, process improvement, data management support, evaluating the effectiveness of college functional processes, serving on committees and ad hoc work groups, training end users, and attending meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements: A high school diploma and work experience in the modification and maintenance of system programs, the design and development of system software, or the testing and debugging of system software. An associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for the required work experience.
About Us: Tri-County Technical College is a public, two-year community and technical college serving Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens counties in South Carolina.
Vision: Passionate people transforming lives and building strong communities one student at a time.
Mission: Tri-County Technical College provides students with an exceptional and affordable learning experience that improves their quality of life. The College advances economic development in the tri-county region by preparing a highly-skilled workforce.
- Integrity: Upholding high ethical standards.
- Respect: Engaging with one another in a manner that promotes civility, trust, openness, and understanding.
- Learning: Promoting a growth mindset.
- Collaboration: Achieving more when working together.
- Innovation: Encouraging creative ideas.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Committed to creating a diverse and inclusive community.
Tri-County Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply (EOE/AA/M/F/D/V).
It is the policy of Tri-County Technical College in accordance with applicable laws to recruit, hire, train, and promote people throughout all college levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.