Location: New York, NY
Meta is on the lookout for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Avatars & Identity team. Meta Avatars are a crucial element in the metaverse, embodying individuals and facilitating seamless presence across virtual spaces. These avatars transcend the limitations of the physical world, allowing people to connect in experiences beyond traditional boundaries.
Technical Program Manager – Avatars & Identity Responsibilities:
- Subject Matter Expert: Act as a sought-after subject matter expert for the technical domain, providing leadership in identifying, understanding, evaluating, and resolving key technical challenges for the organization.
- Program Expansion: Lead the expansion or initiation of programs in ambiguous and contentious areas to achieve long-term goals across several programs, delivering impact at the cross-org level.
- Strategic Development: Proactively develop and influence strategic direction, impacting the big picture and long-term plans. Drive consensus across organizations by crafting technically-complex messages with the right context.
- Efficiency Maximization: Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid, and creative solutions are the norm.
- 8+ years of technical industry experience, including 6+ years of program or product management experience.
- Track record of clearly communicating ambiguous, complex, novel problems & solution tradeoffs to land cross-org impact.
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership and thought leadership, driving prioritization, and pre/post-launch execution, risk management, and reporting.
- 10+ years of technical industry experience, including 8+ years of program or product management experience.
- Track record of influencing large groups of leaders in ambiguous/complex program or product spaces.
- Experience in AR/VR, gaming, or similar.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. Since Facebook’s launch in 2004, Meta has been changing the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp have empowered billions worldwide. Meta is now moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to shape the next evolution in social technology. Individuals choosing to build their careers with Meta contribute to a future beyond what digital connection makes possible today.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, neurodivergence, or those requiring pregnancy-related support. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, excluding bonus, equity, or sales incentives. Additionally, Meta offers a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about benefits at Meta.