- Type: Masters
- Location: France
- University: Not specified
- Deadline: December 15, 2023
About Embassy of France Scholarship:
The Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship offers fully funded scholarships for Nigerian students pursuing a master’s degree in France. This scholarship is funded by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research, and implemented by the French Embassy and Campus France Nigeria. The scholarship covers two academic years and includes support for transportation, a monthly allowance, housing guidance, healthcare coverage, visa fees, and national tuition fees in a public university.
- Type: Masters
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Value & Duration of Award:
- Covers two academic years (if admitted in M1) or one academic year (if admitted in M2)
- Includes transportation, a monthly allowance, housing guidance, healthcare coverage, visa fee, and national tuition fees in a public university
Eligible Field of Study:
- Risk Management
To be considered for the Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship, you must:
- Have Nigerian nationality and reside in Nigeria
- Be up to 35 years old
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in environment
- Have completed National Service
- Be fully committed to taking up a course of study in France for the academic year from September/October 2024/2025
- French proficiency is not a requirement for application
How To Apply:
The application process for the Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship for the 2024-2025 academic year typically involves the following steps:
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet the scholarship’s eligibility criteria, including academic qualifications and any specific requirements for the Environment program.
- Research Programs: Identify relevant Master’s programs in Environmental Sciences or related fields offered by French universities. Consider factors like program content, location, and language of instruction.
- Contact French Embassy: Get in touch with the French Embassy in Nigeria or their official website to access the scholarship application information. They usually provide application guidelines, deadlines, and required documents.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather necessary documents, which may include academic transcripts, diplomas, letters of recommendation, a research proposal, a statement of purpose, a CV, and language proficiency test scores (e.g., IELTS or TOEFL).
- Online Application: Complete the online application form provided by the French Embassy. Submit all required documents through their online system.
- Selection Process: The embassy will review applications and may conduct interviews or exams as part of the selection process.
- Scholarship Offer: If selected, you will receive an offer letter from the French Embassy outlining the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- Acceptance: Accept the scholarship offer by following the provided instructions. You may need to confirm your enrollment in the chosen Master’s program at a French university.
- Visa and Travel Arrangements: Apply for a student visa at the French consulate in Nigeria. Make travel arrangements, including booking your flight.
- Begin Your Studies: Arrive in France, attend the selected Master’s program, and utilize the scholarship benefits, which typically include tuition coverage, a monthly stipend, and flight tickets.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents:
- Copy of your international passport data page (valid for a minimum of two (2) years)
- Detailed CV
- Personal statement
- Bachelor’s certificate or equivalent
- Undergraduate transcript (in one or 2 documents maximum)
- NYSC certificate
- Recommendation letter from your university (not mandatory but strongly recommended)