- Type: Masters
- Field of Study: Environment, Risk Management
- Country: France
- Deadline: December 15, 2023
About the Scholarship:
The Embassy of France in Nigeria Scholarship provides fully funded opportunities for Nigerian students to pursue a master’s degree in France. This initiative, funded by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, aims to support studies in the fields of Environment and Risk Management. The program covers essential aspects such as transportation, monthly allowance, housing guidance, healthcare coverage, visa fees, and national tuition fees in a public university.
Value & Duration:
- Covers two academic years if admitted in M1, and one academic year if admitted in M2.
- Includes transportation, monthly allowance, housing guidance, healthcare coverage, visa fees, and national tuition fees in a public university.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Have Nigerian nationality and reside in Nigeria
- Be up to 35 years old
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in environment
- Have completed National Service
- Be fully committed to taking up a course of study in France for the academic year from September/October 2024/2025
- French proficiency is not a requirement for application
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet the scholarship’s eligibility criteria, including academic qualifications and any specific requirements for the Environment program.
- Research Programs: Identify relevant Master’s programs in Environmental Sciences or related fields offered by French universities. Consider factors like program content, location, and language of instruction.
- Contact French Embassy: Reach out to the French Embassy in Nigeria or visit their official website for application information, guidelines, deadlines, and required documents.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather necessary documents, including academic transcripts, diplomas, letters of recommendation, a research proposal, a statement of purpose, a CV, and language proficiency test scores.
- Online Application: Complete the online application form provided by the French Embassy. Submit all required documents through their online system.
- Selection Process: The embassy will review applications and may conduct interviews or exams as part of the selection process.
- Scholarship Offer: If selected, you will receive an offer letter outlining the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- Acceptance: Accept the scholarship offer by following the provided instructions and confirming enrollment in the chosen Master’s program at a French university.
- Visa and Travel Arrangements: Apply for a student visa at the French consulate in Nigeria. Make travel arrangements, including booking your flight.
- Begin Your Studies: Arrive in France, attend the selected Master’s program, and utilize the scholarship benefits.
- Copy of international passport data page (valid for a minimum of two (2) years)
- Detailed CV
- Personal statement
- Bachelor’s certificate or equivalent
- Undergraduate transcript (in one or 2 documents maximum)
- NYSC certificate
- Recommendation letter from your university (not mandatory but strongly recommended)
Embark on your academic journey in France with the Embassy of France Scholarship. Ensure all application requirements are met before the deadline on December 15, 2023.