- Type: Masters
- Location: United States
- Deadline: December 18, 2023
About University of California Berkeley Scholarship for Africans:
The University of California Berkeley Scholarship for African Students aims to encourage enrollment of students from Africa seeking advanced legal education. Due to limited funds, the African Legal Impact Scholarship is provided to only two outstanding applicants each year. This scholarship covers full tuition for one year, and recipients are responsible for the $1,000 seat deposit, as well as travel and living expenses.
- Type: Masters
- Application Deadline: December 18, 2023
Value & Duration of Award:
- Full-tuition waiver
- Recipients responsible for $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses
- Duration: 1 year
Scholarship awards are based on:
- Citizenship or primary residence in Africa
- Academic merit
- A Statement of Intention describing the recipient’s plans in Africa after graduating from the LL.M. executive track
- Recipients must maintain a minimum grade standard of ‘P’ (pass) or higher in all classes during the first semester to maintain scholarship eligibility for the second semester. Students starting in spring must also maintain the minimum grade standard during the second semester for scholarship eligibility in the third semester.
- Students must be admitted to the LL.M. executive track program before applying for this scholarship.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents:
- Transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance for processing.