75% tuition fee waivers awarded by Chalmers. These scholarships are available to all fee-paying students. “Avancez!” is the motto of the university founder William Chalmers.
Chalmers will award a number of scholarships available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education. The exact number of scholarships is determined on a yearly basis.
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade (at least 80%) but also home university’s stature (including position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master’s programmes.
Fields of study
The field/s of study to which the scholarships will be awarded is determined annually by the University President.
For the academic year 2024/25 the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per each area of education from previous academic year.
- 1st year Master’s programme applicants
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters/2 year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fees during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates