Fields of study
- Citizens of Thailand only
- Students with a completed or soon to be completed Bachelor’s Degree, with a minimum grade of 3.0 (CGPA) from a prestigious Thai University, with a high position on international ranking lists.
Two different versions
- Full tuition fee waiver (covers 100% of the tuition fees) during the 2 year programme (4 semesters).
- Full tuition fee waiver (covers 100% of the tuition fees) and 230 000 SEK for costs of living during the 2 year programme (4 semesters).
It is possible to apply for both versions of the scholarship via the scholarship application portal. Please make sure that you apply for the scholarships in your order of preference.
If you are shortlisted for this scholarship you will be prompted to submit additional documents via email to an assigned member of the scholarship assessment team. If you are shortlisted, an email will be sent to you between March and April. The shortlist will not be published or announced beforehand.
You may prepare these documents in advance:
- A personal letter including a description of your financial situation, family circumstances and justification for why you are a suitable candidate for the Sievert Larsson scholarship.
- A written appraisal from one of your two references.
Note: Scholarships are not awarded retroactively. That is to say, applicants who have commenced their studies at Chalmers at the time of application for the Sievert Larsson scholarship, are not eligible.
Any funds awarded may be used solely for the purpose intended. The costs of living part of the version 2 scholarship is paid in rounds every six month for a period of 2 years. The first payment is made on proof of admission. Right of disposal extends for the period of the programme. The decision of the Awards Board cannot be appealed.
About Sievert Larsson
Mr Sievert Larsson is an entrepreneur and founder of the charity, The Sievert Larsson Scholarship Foundation, which gives needy young people the opportunity to study at university or college. A donation of 2.5 million SEK from Sievert Larsson is giving young people from Thailand the chance to study for an Engineering Master’s Degree at Chalmers.
– It feels as if the money is returning to my home town again and it is to the delight of both myself and the students. I have strong feelings for Chalmers even though I never studied there myself, says Sievert Larsson, who was born and grew up in Göteborg.