- Date: October 24, 2023
- Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States (Multiple Locations)
- Requisition No: 815348
- Agency: Department of Law Enforcement
- Working Title: CRIMINAL JUSTICE INFORMATION ANALYST II – 71002412 1
- Position Number: 71002412
- Salary: $40,000.00
- Posting Closing Date: October 27, 2023
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) has announced an open-competitive opportunity for the role of CRIMINAL JUSTICE INFORMATION ANALYST II within the FIREARM ELIGIBILITY BUREAU/ELIGIBILITY RESEARCH UNIT.
The Criminal Justice Information Analyst II position is part of the Firearm Eligibility Bureau, offering a full-time opportunity. Under the direct supervision of the Operations and Management Consultant Manager, the role involves conducting research to ensure that information related to criminal justice is accurate and in compliance with state and federal requirements. The responsibilities include independently researching and reviewing data to make recommendations on firearm transaction decisions, applying federal and state disqualifiers, and managing caseloads efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting research to ensure that criminal justice information is complete and accurate, involving the use of internal and external databases and contacts with relevant agencies.
- Analyzing multiple source documents to make recommendations and decisions regarding firearm-related transactions.
- Resolving complex issues in the processing of criminal justice information.
- Prioritizing tasks and managing caseloads according to policy and direction from management.
- Maintaining various logs and records of requests.
- Submitting accurate forms and records in line with established procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent and two years of experience in criminal justice, business administration, planning, research, analysis, evaluation, customer relations, or administrative work; OR
- 60 semester hours, or equivalent, of coursework from an accredited college or university; OR
- Any combination of education or experience as described above for a total of two years. Note: 30 semester hours, or equivalent, of coursework from an accredited college or university is equivalent to one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system.
- Knowledge of data collection methods.
- Ability to collect, evaluate, and analyze data.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to monitor criminal justice information activities.
- Ability to work independently by planning, organizing, and coordinating work assignments.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret law enforcement data.
- Ability to deal with the public tactfully, courteously, and effectively.
How You Will Grow:
The FDLE fosters professional growth through training, team building, and mentoring, offering a family-oriented work environment. The four Fundamental Values of Service, Integrity, Respect, and Quality guide your career at FDLE.
Our Salary & Benefits:
FDLE, as a State of Florida Employer, provides comprehensive benefits, including:
- State of Florida Tuition Waiver Program.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- HMO and PPO health insurance options with premiums starting as low as $50 per month.
- $25,000 in automatic life insurance coverage.
- Multiple supplemental insurance options, including dental, vision, disability, and more.
- Pension and investment retirement plan options.
- Tax-deferred medical and child care reimbursement accounts.
About Our Agency:
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) employs more than 1,900 members statewide, with headquarters in Tallahassee and seven regional operations centers (ROCs). FDLE’s mission is to promote public safety and strengthen domestic security.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their knowledge and experience. Additional reviews may be conducted to screen for preferred qualifications, experience, and education. Qualifications will be based on knowledge, skills, abilities, and other elements relevant to the position. A selection process may include written exercises, work samples, skills tests, interviews, drug screening, and fingerprinting. Future vacancies may be filled from this position advertisement.
FDLE requires an extensive background process for recommended applicants, which includes financial credit checks, criminal history checks for the applicant and immediate family or roommates, personal references, employment and education verifications, drug screening, and fingerprinting.
Preference will be given to current FDLE members who have satisfactorily completed at least six months of the probationary period for their current position.
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS.
- Retirees of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) should check with the FRS on how their current benefits will be affected if re-employed with the State of Florida.
The State of Florida hires only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Candidates requiring reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center.
Veterans eligible for Veterans’ Preference are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible for waivers of postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee