Job ID: 84852BR
Location: New Haven, CT (Remote Work)
The University of Yale is offering an exciting job opportunity for a Portfolio Associate in the Surgery/Ophthalmology department. This role is a full-time position, designed as an early-career program lasting 12-18 months to accelerate the development of Grant Accountants and create a pipeline of high-performing talent. The Portfolio Associate will play a crucial role in managing financial transactions and reporting within the Integrated Business Operations, focusing on grant and contract application and post-award processes. The position also entails data analysis, budget development, compliance, risk management, and supporting faculty members.
- Managing grant and contract application and post-award processes.
- Providing financial stewardship for a portfolio of grants and contracts.
- Offering guidance on compliance matters during portfolio management.
- Participating in specialized training provided by various university offices.
- Analyzing budgets and developing complex reports.
- Developing proposals and budgets for grant and contract submissions.
- Ensuring compliance with sponsor regulations and university policies.
- Interacting with faculty and internal and external contacts to manage pre-award and sponsored funding.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, no prior experience necessary.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and work with financial and payroll activities from multiple sources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of continual process improvement and data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent attendance, self-motivation, and a positive attitude.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook or similar software.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with at least 4 years of work experience in financial management or a related field.
The University of Yale is committed to affirmative action and does not discriminate based on various factors, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or veteran status. All candidates will be subject to pre-employment background screening.
Please note that due to university policies related to COVID-19, all faculty, staff, students, and trainees are required to comply with specific guidelines and requirements. For more information, visit the university’s COVID-19 guidelines.
Note: Yale University is a tobacco-free campus.
This opportunity offers you a chance to launch your career while making a difference in the field of research and academia.