Many Nigerians have wondered how bloggers and YouTubers make money from their contents, well the secret is, many of these websites are monetized with Google adsense which pays them monthly for displaying ads on their site.
Anyone can earn from adsense as long as you’re 18yrs of age, in this article, we have explained everything you need to know about this program and how you can make money with Google adsense in Nigeria. Let’s begin!.
Google Adsense is an advertising company since it wasn’t created in 2003 by Google, the program has created opportunities for YouTubers and website owners to earn revenue from their contents, Adsense is the best in ad serving as they show ads that are non toxic and sometimes matches with the contents on your website thereby giving your website visitors the best.
Google adsense has no downsides as the ad serving does not obstruct site navigation thereby making it comfortable for your visitors to navigate your site while you earn revenue from your traffic. To be eligible for AdSense, you must be at least 18yrs and have a YouTube channel or website that follows adsense program policies.
AdSense program policies are rules that guides the publishers ensuring there’s a safe ecosystem where advertisers and publishers can thrive. For AdSense to approve your website, make sure your site does not contain the following:
- Illegal Contents: Posting scraped/plagiarized contents without giving due credit to the source is seen as low value content by Google. Make sure you post high quality content that relates to your niche to increase your chances of getting approved by google.
- Organic traffic: Although Google adsense has not confirmed traffic as a factor for site approvals yet, it is advisable to get organic traffic as this may increase your chances of getting approved.
Applying for google adsense is very easy, follow the step by step provided below to apply:
- Visit Google Adsense website and click on the side bar, make sure you have a Gmail logged in to your device and you’re at least 18yrs once you’ve clicked on the side bar, you’ll see two options “Sign in” and “register” since you’re using adsense for the first time, select “sign-in.
- You will be taken to a page where you’re required to fill in your Name, Website Url and country of residence (if you have a website, if you don’t, tick the “I don’t have a site” box) once you’re done filling in the required informations, click on “Start using Adsense”.
NOTE!! Make sure you select your real country of residence when registering for google adsense else, you won’t be able to verify your Adsense account when it’s time to receive payments.
- You’re now registered on AdSense, your publisher ID will be sent to your Gmail inbox immediately, now you can submit your site to Google for review.
- Add payment info: make sure you enter your correct payment address for that’s where your pin will be sent when you’re eligible to receive one.
- Add Site: add your website url on your Adsense dashboard, you’ll be given an HTML code, make sure you paste it to the header of your site, if you’re using blogger, edit the theme html and locate “header“, if you’re on WordPress, install headers and footer plugin or use ads inserter plugin.
- Review: Once you’ve added your website, next step is to wait for the review process, this can take up to 2weeks, you will be notified through mail if you’re approved for AdSense or not.
Once you apply for Adsense and you’re approved, you can now start earning from Google adsense, when your visitors find your ads relating to what they want and they click on it. On your Adsense dashboard you have cost per click (CPC) which should be closely monitored, your cpc will determine how much you will get per person that clicks on your ads. Factors that can increase your CPC are as follows:
- Traffic source
You can either use the auto ads which saves you from the stress of placing your ads manually, auto ads helps you place ads on relevant pages of your site.
If you prefer manual ad placements, you can tap on your side bar and click on “ads” there you can create ad unit you want and add the codes to wherever you want the ads to appear on the site.
On your Adsense account you have the “estimated earnings” and “balance” dashboard. The “estimated earnings” are revenue you generate in real-time, the amount you see there aren’t fully yours untill adsense moves it to the balance dashboard. Note that if you violate any Adsense policies, adsense reserves the right to deduct your earnings in the balance dashboard.
AdSense process payments of it’s publishers on 21st of every month, to receive your payment, you must have verified your identity and address. If you haven’t, once you earn up to $10, you can request for AdSense pin, this pin will help you verify your account and enable you to start receiving payments.
If you’ve done every verification correctly, once your payment is sent, you will get a mail from adsense, telling you about your payment and the amount that was sent, you can then wait and within a day or two, you should receive your cash in your bank account or which ever payment method you choose.
You can keep on making money monthly from your website through Google adsense if you obey Adsense policies and avoid doing anything that may get your account placed on adlimit or get you banned. To keep your Adsense account safe from adlimit and termination, mayortechs suggest you practice these:
- Drive organic traffic to your site
- Avoid posting illegal contents
- Avoid placing ads where visitors must click before able to navigate
- Never Advice your visitors to click on your ads, you will get banned for this if you do.
Google Adsense is one of the best ad network to earn from as a website owner or YouTuber, as long as you can obey their Adsense policies, you have nothing to worry about, in this article we have provided you with how you can make money with Adsense in Nigeria, please do ask any question relating to this article in the comments section, we are not Adsense team, but we’ll make our research and try our best to answer your questions. Happy earning!.